Find my writing online
- 9 Tools That Will Help you Collaborate Effectively as a Freelancer (Shopify)
- 5 ways to incorporate travel into your career (CV Library)
- Building culture in a remote team (6Q)
- Hiring Remote Workers? Look For These 5 Qualities (Infographic) (15Five)
- Visa tips for remote workers (Teleport)
- How to Approach Social Media as a Small Business (Authentic Form & Function)
- How to Pack for Remote Work Success (Workfrom)
- Top time tracking best practices for freelancers (GetApp)
- Can Social Media Management Work with a Remote Team? (Agorapulse)
- Remote Work Essentials from Hubstaff’s Distributed Team (Surf Office)
- Holding Effective Meetings With a Distributed Team (Chargify)
Articles I wrote for Jobbatical. Check out my author archives for more.
- Remove hiring bias: 6 Objective ways to find A+ hires
- Hiring international candidates: Virtual interview best practices
- How to win remote workers to your team
- Increase employee retention by hiring candidates with career mentality, not job mentality
- Relocation pitch: How to convince job candidates to relocate
Articles I wrote for Hubstaff. Check out my author archives for more.
- How We Use Guest Blogging to Build Relationships
- Twitter Management Takes Me 2x as Long as It Used to (and That’s a Good Thing)
- 7 Deadly Disadvantages of Working from Home and How to Counter Them
- How to travel the world and never miss a paycheck
- How to Work from a Coffee Shop and Keep Your Productivity High
- The Social Media Strategy that Boosted Visits by 230%
- Remote Work Retreats: Travel the World and Work from Anywhere
- The Tools Every Social Media Marketing Agency Needs
- Customer Acquisition Strategy: How 6 Social Media Agencies Gain Clients
Content Strategy and Project Management
I managed the Skubana blog, including a guest post exchange program, for 6 months. Within that time I managed a team of up to 4 freelancers to ensure posts were completed up to standard and on time. We achieved a 5 month pre-scheduled runway of 3 long-form posts/week, and 60+ backlink placements (growing our DA 6 points). Q1 and Q2 (duration of my strategic marketing role) overall pageviews were up 17%.
I manage the blog process for Profiles Asia Pacific. The HR blog is responsible for 60% of all site visits (based on Google Analytics data taken from a 6-month period).
I managed the website build for Versatech’s B2B site. I also wrote all SEO web copy and initial blogs for them. In less than a year they reached the first page of Google search (position #5) for our targeted term: ICT Distribution Philippines. The website attracted job candidates, partnership requests, and sales leads within the first 3 months of launch.
In addition to writing web copy with SEO best practices, I also configure WordPress content with Yoast. I’ve created and scheduled out web content for an agency consultant, digital marketing agencies, WordPress development agencies, travel organizations, employee assessment agency, winery and wine education company.
I have ghost written articles covering SEO, human resources, social selling, email marketing, finding freelancers, time management, content marketing and more. I have worked with and written for CEOs of talent management firms, software startups and wineries, among others.
Finally, I have written, scheduled, and monitored email newsletters on MailChimp and Campaign Monitor.