Growth Strategy, Content Marketing, and Project Management
Here are some of the things I’ve done for clients in the past.
Content and partnerships from pre-launch to series D
From pre-launch in 2018 until Series D in 2021, I managed content and partnerships for Deliverr. I was the only dedicated marketer through series A, B, and C funding, managing content, partnerships, events, emails, and everything in-between.
I hired and managed a team of freelancers to sustain our internal and guest post schedules, eventually reaching 5 articles/week and a 2-month runway on our blog, plus 100+ guest post exchanges.
Within 3 years, I grew blog traffic 75,000% and our newsletter to 60,000+ subscribers with a >25% open rate. I launched email courses based on our most popular blog topics, the first of which recieved more than 400 signups within the first month.
I managed 20+ partnerships and integration launches with key industry players, organized 80+ webinars, and executed the first annual Discoverr conference. After I went freelance with them, Deliverr brought me back to run the 2nd annual Discoverr conference as well.
Website update generated 255% more inbound leads
I led a website update project for MyFBAPrep, which led a 255% increase in inbound leads from the contact form within the first month and better performance in search (as measured March 2023).
I wrote new web copy to better frame our services, and rewrote existing copy to underscore merchant benefits. Copy updates were driven by customer research, which helped me prioritize what to highlight on the website.
I also outsourced and project managed external resources to execute the website update, including a team of UX designers and developers.
Irregular posting schedule to 5 month blog runway
From 2016 to 2017, I managed the Skubana blog, including a guest post exchange program. Within 6 months I led a team of 4 freelancers to ensure posts were completed up to standard and on time.
We achieved a 5 month pre-scheduled runway of 3 long-form posts/week, and 60+ backlink placements (growing our DA 6 points). Q1 and Q2 (duration of my strategic marketing role) overall pageviews were up 17%.
Generating 1000+ organic pageviews monthly from a single blog
From 2021 to 2023, I wrote long-form blogs for Shogun, a page-builder for Shopify and BigCommerce.
I delivered four articles per month well ahead of deadlines, ranging between 2,500 to 5,000 words to the tune of almost 100 posts.
60% of all site visits and 21% of all subscribers from blog
I manage the blog process for Profiles Asia Pacific. The HR blog is responsible for 60% of all site visits (based on Google Analytics data taken from a 6-month period).
When they launched The Profiles Group, I divided content efforts. Organic traffic from their blog properties drove 21% of newsletter signups (as of 2019 Q3).
First page ranking for multiple sites in <1 year
In less than a year, they reached the first page of Google search (position #5) for our targeted term: ICT Distribution Philippines. The website attracted job candidates, partnership requests, and sales leads within the first 3 months of the launch.
In 2018, I returned to oversee additional website builds and run multiple blogs under their ownership until mid-2021. One of the new websites built reached the #4 spot of our target search phrase within a year of launch.
Personal website progress
Finally, my personal website (which you are on now) shows the potential for growth once you put the right investment into it.
See the results
Content Strategy and Execution
I’ve created web content for eCommerce businesses, SaaS companies, travel organizations, marketing agencies, consultants, wine retailers, wineries, and more.
In addition to writing web copy with SEO best practices, I also configure WordPress content with Yoast.
I have ghost written articles covering SEO, human resources, social selling, email marketing, finding freelancers, time management, content marketing and more. I have worked with and written for CEOs of talent management firms, software startups and wineries, among others.
I’ve also written email copy and crafted newsletters on MailChimp, Get Response, HubSpot, and Campaign Monitor. When writing and managing the newsletter for a B2B tech startup, grew the subscriber list from 0 to 10,000 within 1.5 years.
A sample of articles I wrote for MyFBAPrep
- D2C eCommerce customer acquisition: How to get shoppers to your site
- Guide to eCommerce customer retention: 9 ways to keep them coming back
- How Pacers Running turned logistics into their competitive advantage
- 9 Signs it’s time to shift from your own warehouse to a nationwide network
- Amazon 1P vs. 3P: Benefits of each and why to move from 1P to 3P
Visit their blog for more.
A sample of articles I wrote for Shogun
- Mastering Resilient Ecommerce Fulfillment as You Scale
- Building a One Product Shopify Store: How to Go Big With a Single SKU
- The Guide to Shopify Inventory Management: Apps, Best Practices & More
- The 20 Best Ecommerce Fulfillment Companies to Help You Grow Your Store
- How To Start A/B Testing on Shopify To Find What Sells Best
- How to Use Ecommerce Product Videos to Engage and Convert (+ Examples)
- 10 Ecommerce Email Marketing Examples to Inspire Your Next Newsletter
Visit their blog for more.
A sample of articles I wrote for Deliverr
- When to shift from in-house to outsourced fulfillment
- 10 Best multi-channel listing software solutions for eCommerce sellers
- A deep dive into Walmart Sponsored Products
- 16 important questions to ask a logistics provider before committing
- Understanding your fulfillment costs for FBA, a 3PL, and Deliverr
A sample of articles I wrote for Demio
- Master Webinar Promotion To Generate Leads and Drive Revenue
- How To Analyze Your Webinar Success and Where To Find the Data
- Webinar Engagement Activities To Build Connections
- How To Find Effective Webinar Speakers For Your Online Events
- How To Choose Relevant Webinar Topics
- Nurture Webinar Leads Once An Event Is Over To Increase ROI
- How To Test Your Webinar Funnel, Setup, and Content To Avoid Mistakes
Visit their blog for more.
A sample of articles I wrote for Jobbatical
- Hiring international candidates: Virtual interview best practices
- How to win remote workers to your team
- Increase employee retention by hiring candidates with career mentality, not job mentality
- Relocation pitch: How to convince job candidates to relocate
- Remove hiring bias: 6 objective ways to find A+ hires
- Hire for diversity: Culture fit is an excuse for mediocrity and exclusivity
A sample of articles I wrote for Hubstaff
- How We Use Guest Blogging to Build Relationships
- Twitter Management Takes Me 2x as Long as It Used to (and That’s a Good Thing)
- 7 Deadly Disadvantages of Working from Home and How to Counter Them
- How to travel the world and never miss a paycheck
- How to Work from a Coffee Shop and Keep Your Productivity High
- The Social Media Strategy that Boosted Visits by 230%
- Remote Work Retreats: Travel the World and Work from Anywhere
- The Tools Every Social Media Marketing Agency Needs
- Customer Acquisition Strategy: How 6 Social Media Agencies Gain Clients
Find my writing online
- How eCommerce Brands Can Leverage Brick-and-Mortar to their Advantage (ShipHero)
- FBA vs. FBM: Which to choose for your Amazon fulfillment strategy? (Skubana)
- Amazon Shipping Delays: How to Mitigate Delivery Issues With Strategic Logistics (Sellics)
- FBA vs FBM: How to create a hybrid fulfillment strategy (Riverbend Consulting)
- The Importance of Connectivity in Ecommerce (Anchor Group)
- Amazon FBA vs FBM: How to Structure Your Fulfillment Strategy (Channel Key)
- Strengthen Your Supply Chain for the Holidays (Seller Accountant)
- How to Package Items Properly for Sale on Amazon (ecommerceChris)
- How to Optimize Your Buyer Experience for 5-Star Reviews (ZonGuru)
- How to Fulfill Internationally Sourced Items on Amazon and Beyond (Wish Wholesale)
- The Flywheel Effect of Good Supply Chain Management (Kaspien)
- Increase Conversions by Making It Easy for Customers to Connect (10to8)
- Use Fast Shipping To Supercharge Your Ad ROI (Arka)
- How To Craft A Webinar Deck That Converts (Piktochart)
- 6 factors that can make or break your customer retention (Teikametrics)
- Building a Resilient Fulfillment Network to Deliver on Time Every Time (BlueTuskr)
- 5 ways your D2C store can compete with big marketplaces (RevenueHunt)
- How to Stay Ahead of Your Competition, No Matter What Channel You Sell On (Amber Engine)
- How To Engage Your Audience and Encourage Repeat Customers (MeetEdgar)
- Why do eCommerce marketplaces have fast shipping programs (Kaspien)
- 8 reasons why ultra-fast fulfillment should be your new normal in 2021 (Gorgias)
- The Dos and Don’ts of Providing an Excellent Buyer Experience (Spaceshop Commerce)
- How to Offer Fast Shipping and Delight Customers Across Every Channel (Smile.io)
- Why you should be focusing on retention in 2021 and how to do it (IO Scout)
- 8 Factors that Affect eCommerce Customer Retention (Hawke Media)
- 4 Must-Have Post-Purchase Conversion Tactics (Justuno)
- How 2-day delivery helps ensure conversions across all channels (Kickpay)
- 6 Ways to Provide a 5-star Buyer Experience (Growave)
- How lightning-fast shipping will win 2021 (Spark Shipping)
- Why 2-day delivery is vital everywhere you sell (Comerchant)
- 6 Ways to Make Sure Your Website Can Compete with Big Marketplaces (CartStack)
- How To Combine Email Newsletters and Webinars To Generate and Nurture Leads (timetoreply)
- How 2-Day Delivery Impacts eCommerce Conversions (Mayple)
- How to Get 2-Day Delivery & Why Your eCommerce Store Needs It (SellerLabs)
- The Importance of Inventory Efficiency and a Strong Fulfillment Process (Shift4Shop, formerly 3dcart)
- Why to Offer 2-Day Delivery: Double Your Conversions and Reduce Ad Spend (BigCommerce)
- 5 Functions of eCommerce You Can (and Should) Outsource (Payability)
- How to Build a Resilient eCommerce Machine with Reliable Fulfillment (Payoneer)
- Why You Should Be Providing 2-Day Delivery & How To Do It (Sales & Orders)
- 5 Tips For Hiring Your First Remote Worker (NoDesk)
- 5 ways to wow your customers this holiday season (MyFBAPrep)
- The value of diversifying your eCommerce business (TurnKey)
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Operations Stay Strong During COVID-19 (SellerActive)
- Key components of a great listing across all marketplaces (PixelfyMe)
- How to Boost Your Conversion Marketing Strategy (Answerbase)
- How Fast Shipping Gives Your eCommerce Store A Competitive Edge (Paperform)
- How to Use Fast Shipping to Attract Online Shoppers (Payability)
- How 2-day delivery affects conversions on Shopify (SmartrMail)
- How to reach more shoppers with fast shipping (Refund Retriever)
- How 2-day delivery increases conversions for your store (JivoChat)
- Fast Shipping Strategies for Multi-Channel Sellers (Shift4Shop, formerly 3dcart)
- The Best Fulfillment strategies for Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime (CrazyLister)
- 3 Ways to Increase Views on Your Walmart Listings (Zentail)
- How to offer fast shipping to boost conversions across marketplaces (SellerApp)
- How To Boost Your Listings’ Visibility Across Walmart And eBay (Ecommerce Tips)
- How to avoid a price war with fast shipping (Recart)
- Remote work tips: How to select great clients (Workfrom)
- What’s the Right Length for an Ecommerce Email? (Omnisend)
- 5 ways to incorporate travel into your career (CV Library)
- Building culture in a remote team (6Q)
- Hiring Remote Workers? Look For These 5 Qualities (Infographic) (15Five)
- Visa tips for remote workers (Teleport)
- How to Approach Social Media as a Small Business (Authentic Form & Function)
- How to Pack for Remote Work Success (Workfrom)
- 9 Tools That Will Help you Collaborate Effectively as a Freelancer (Shopify)
- Top time tracking best practices for freelancers (GetApp)
- Can Social Media Management Work with a Remote Team? (Agorapulse)
- Remote Work Essentials from Hubstaff’s Distributed Team (Surf Office)
- Holding Effective Meetings With a Distributed Team (Chargify)