There are hundreds of eCommerce marketing tools at your disposal today. Whether you’re looking for an email platform or a social media management tool, there’s a SaaS that specializes in nearly every marketing function (and supporting ones too).
However, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and get choice paralysis, and an overload of tools can be worse than having too few. If you have 7 different software monitoring your social media accounts, you’ll end up wasting time and money.
We took all the awesome software out there and segmented them by category, so you can see exactly where these tools will be useful (and avoid duplicating your efforts).
This is another list, but it’s the only one you’ll need to run your eCommerce marketing efforts. Check out our top picks and learn what makes each one so valuable.
Table of Contents
- Website platforms
- Marketplace seller tools
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Article research and idea generation
- Conversion optimization
- Social media
- Visual assets
- Email and text marketing
- Customer feedback and retention
- Financial tools
- Integration and automation
- Multi-functional tools
Without further ado, let’s get down to the best eCommerce marketing tools and how you can use them to grow your business.
Your website is where your brand shines the brightest. While marketplaces like Amazon and eBay may be attracting lots of sales, your website deserves some TLC. Your website is critical to the long-term success of your brand, which needs to establish a strong online presence that doesn’t rely on third-party marketplaces. Here are some of the best store builders to consider as you look to create and/or optimize your site.
Shopify is one of the most well-known eCommerce platforms with over 500,000 users in 175 countries. It acts as a one-stop shop where you can pick your own domain, design theme (Shopify has thousands that you can choose from), logos, and more. It also allows you to fully customize your store; add your sales channels; manage unlimited products and inventory; fulfil orders; and track sales.
Tip: Add your Instagram feed to your Shopify store with the InstaFeed app. You can curate a customized Instagram grid for your online shop and tag products to create a shoppable feed.
BigCommerce is a popular Shopify alternative that boasts zero transaction fees and many built-in sales features (whereas Shopify relies more heavily on third-party apps). You can customize your site, manage payments, manage shipments, and list your products on third-party marketplaces, all from within BigCommerce. BigCommerce makes it easy to scale business but may be trickier to use if you do not have any coding experience.
It’s worth mentioning that WordPress itself is a content management system. It is best for sites that are planning to focus heavily on content marketing and can be customized through plugins like WooCommerce and WP eCommerce. It has multiple plugins for security, shopping carts, SEO, and other marketing and design features—but some will require additional payment.
WooCommerce is a customizable eCommerce platform built on WordPress, and one of the most popular plugins on the platform. To take advantage of it, you’ll need to first create a WordPress account, as well as buy a domain name and hosting provider. Once installed, WooCommerce is extremely customizable and gives developers an extendable, adaptable, and open-sourced platform to work with. The WooCommerce plugin is also free, but you’ll likely want to purchase paid add-ons to optimize your site.
Shogun is a website builder that integrates with Shopify, BigCommerce, and other eCommerce platforms. It offers two main products: the Page Builder (a drag-and-drop tool for Shopify) and Shogun Frontend (a headless commerce solution). Shogun specializes in enabling versatile, fast-loading product pages that help to curb cart abandonment and bounce-offs from your site.
This solution is an open-source PHP eCommerce platform, which means you get full control of everything you do. Design it to your taste, add extra features now or later, and keep all your information secure in one place.
Ecomdash is a listing tool that also provides an online store designer. Thanks to integrations with popular marketplaces on top of their inventory and order management features, merchants can rest assured their sales and data stays synced.
Marketplace seller tools
If you are a merchant selling products across marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, Wish and eBay, you can use marketplace seller tools to list, sell and dispatch products more efficiently.
Jungle Scout is an all-in-one Amazon marketplace seller tool that helps Amazon sellers successfully launch new products and earn more reviews to drive traffic and sales. You can also use Jungle Scout to streamline your business with its catalog of store management tools and integrations.
Helium 10 helps Amazon sellers grow their online store with a series of tools to improve product performance, research new product ideas, optimiz listings, find trending products, analyze performance, and manage your inventory.
Read: Helium 10’s Project X
Viral Launch helps Amazon merchants with everything they need to optimize product SEO, automate PPC ads, and create an Amazon strategy. You can also use their data tracking and insights to further optimize store performance and evaluate competitors.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Ahrefs finds all the backlinks for a particular URL, whether yours or not. Analyze your competitors’ backlinks and see if their marketing strategies are working. Check if there’s anything that you can do similarly to give your own site a boost.
- SEO Campaign Case Study: From 126 to 121,883 Unique Visitors in Under 6 Months
- Manual Penalty Removal: An Ahrefs Case Study
- Negative SEO (Case Study) – Cleaning up an Attack with Ahrefs
You can use Moz’s Link Explorer tool to discover what is driving traffic to your website and what your most valuable pages are. Use those insights to develop a high-quality inbound link profile while staying informed for content strategies.
- [Case Study] How We Ranked #1 for a High-Volume Keyword in Under 3 Months
- The Anatomy of a $97 Million Page: A CRO Case Study
- How to Measure and Report Your Community’s Value: A Moz Case Study
Semrush provides deep insight into various SEO opportunities, including top-performing keywords, backlinks, local SEO, and competitor activity. You can also track your position changes over time to diagnose what’s working and what’s not within your strategy. View analytics for your social media, SEO, and PPC efforts, including backlinks and domain authority analysis. eCommerce marketers can use this tool to view all their numbers in one place, as well as analyze page performance, top keyword suggestions, and how your competitors stack up.
- How an Artisan US Bakery Us Using Link Building for SEO Growth
- Keyword Ranking: How to Track Your Keywords on Google (with Semrush)
- Trophy Central Recovers Central Keywords and Increases Traffic by 227% with Semrush
- All The Right Words: How Keyword Research Provided an 80% Traffic Increase for a Startup
BrightEdge allows you to measure the impact of your SEO strategy. The platform uses AI-drive tech to not only show how your content compares to the rest of the internet, but to also track threats and opportunities for you to rank higher on SERPs.
- BrightEdge Improves SEO Traffic by 142%, SEO Leads by 130%, and SEO Revenue 156% in 1 Year
- Twilio Drives 86% Increase in Traffic to Glossary Pages and Blows Out the Longtail Opportunity
- Tahoe South Organic Mobile Traffic Increases 345%
Article research and idea generation
Blogging is one of the most affordable and powerful ways to bring consumers to your website. Through blogging, you can differentiate your brand and demonstrate the need for a product like yours. That said, every business blog requires a solid content strategy. Below are some essential tools for determining the focus of your blog, finding keywords, and maximizing your content ROI.
BuzzSumo helps you find viral content based on what people on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit are buzzing about. Simply enter the topics you want to write about and see the most-shared articles around them. Discover which keywords, questions, and content formats resonate the most with your target audience.
- CoSchedule Used Buzzsumo to Get Published on Fast Company
- How BuzzFeed Used BuzzSumo to Find, Analyze, and Monitor Trends
- BuzzSumo for Digital PR
Feedly gives you one place to curate articles written by your competitors and favorite sources. It uses an AI research assistant called Leo to filter out noise, dedupe repetitive news, and summarize content for you. Stay up to date on the latest trends without having to dig through multiple sites by hand.
- How to Use Feedly as an Effective Construction Marketing Source
- Using Shared Collections to Distribute Your Content – a Case Study
Semrush is a robust tool for researching keywords, domains, and competitors. Its Topic Research tool is especially useful for identifying popular questions and subtopics around a certain subject. Just type in your topic, then let Semrush generate a mind map of ideas for you.
- How Thrive Market Receives 5x More Organic Session with Semrush
- Moving From Ad-Dependant ROI to Organically Driven Sales
- How La Redoute Increased Search Visibility by Targeting Mid-Tail and Long-Tail Keywords
Ubersuggest creates unique keyword reports, including one that shows you how many clicks are to paid vs. organic results on a SERP. You can also explore which demographics and devices search for a keyword.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Growing Your SEO Traffic Using Ubersuggest
- How to Perform Keyword Research to Drive Website Traffic
- Ubersuggest for Competitor Analysis
This free tool by HubSpot helps you to get your creative juices flowing. You can enter up to five nouns, which HubSpot will use to come up with a week’s worth of potential blog titles. You can unlock a whole year’s worth of titles by filling out a short form.
- Don’t Know What to Write About? Get Ideas From the Blog Topic Generator [Free Tool]
- Generate 100+ Blog Topic Ideas in Seconds
SimilarWeb helps you find similar content to share, so you can find out what your customers like and what your competitors are writing about, and then create content around those same topics.
- How onefourzero Increased its Buy and Sell Side Deals Success Rate by 85%
- Case Study – The Correlation Between Backlinks and Traffic
- Airbnb uses SimilarWeb to reveal growth opportunities in new markets
Conversions are one of the key metrics that guide eCommerce marketing efforts. They’re the ultimate indicators of success—but just because you get a lot of new traffic to your site doesn’t mean that you’ll automatically receive more conversions. Below are tools that you can use to help increase conversions, including tools to audit your site and A/B test landing pages.
With BloomReach, you can enable full-site personalization. Think: more accurate search result pages that understand when a person is looking for a “dress” or a “dress shirt.” You can additionally predict user behaviors and serve up personalized product recommendations using BloomReach’s technology.
Get a real-time analysis of your website speed to ensure you don’t lose any of your customers to slow loading times. Google PageSpeed Insights is an essential (and free) tool for auditing the performance of your site.
Build beautiful marketing pages that help you to acquire customers, even before your product has launched! Launchrock offers custom templates and an easy-to-use editor, so you can create compelling campaigns that offer early access to your products and let you capture customer information when excitement is high.
Sumo is a free email capture tool with an impressive set of features to help you engage shoppers and reduce cart abandonment. The platform provides forms for capturing customer emails, heatmaps to see where your visitors click, and ‘share’ buttons to help you build traffic by making your content easy to share.
- eCommerce Case Study: How Huckberry Went From $10,000 to $1,000,000 Revenue in 1 Year
- Sumo Case Study: How to Make $100,000 in One Day From Your Website
- Sumo Case Study: How a Small eCommerce Company Got 29,062 Email Leads
Thrive Leads is a list building solution for WordPress users, and is available as part of the ThriveSuite of tools from ThriveThemes. The plugin makes it easy to create pop-up forms that you can design to capture emails, target specific users, and test different offers.
Optimizely’s WYSIWYG editor lets you easily create A/B tests to see what converts best on your site. It also allows you to test more than one variant at a time, such as the text on a form or the image on a page, but be sure to let the tests run long enough to gather more conclusive results.
- How the Tech-Savvy Retailer Increased Stylist Productivity 90% Through Mobile App Optimization
- Online Retailer Optimizes to Deliver Best-in-Class Shopping Experiences
- FSAstore.com Increased Revenue Per Visitor by 54%
VWO lets merchants launch, manage, and monitor various A/B tests across websites and mobile apps. Set up guardrail metrics to pause unproductive experiments early on, and implement the winning variant from within VWO.
- Optimizing Mobile Home Page Increases Conversions for Wedding Shoes Website
- How Tough Mudder Gained a 9% Session Uplift by Optimizing for Mobile Users
- How RuneScape Leveled Up Revenue Through Process-Driven CRO
See heatmaps of your website that show you where your visitors are clicking, spending the most time, and losing interest. Crazy Egg also offers session recordings so you can see every movement of a visitor’s cursor and adjust your website to increase attention on page.
- How Pronto Used Heatmaps to Increase Leads by 24%
- Softmedia Uses Heatmap Reports and Increases Conversion Rate by 51%
Hotjar is a go-to analytics tool that provides heatmap, session recordings, visual feedback tools, and a survey builder. See what your users see and ask for their feedback directly as they’re scrolling through your site.
- Learn How HubSpot Academy Used Hotjar Polls to Boost Signups by 10%
- See How One of the World’s Leading CRO Agencies Uses Hotjar to Grow Their Clients’ Businesses
- See How the UK’s No.1 Job Portal Uses Hotjar to Optimize Their User Experience
Turn more of your existing website traffic into leads, subscribers, and sales. OptinMonster is easy to use even without coding skills, so merchants of any size can create optimized conversion elements that generate more leads for your business. From pop-ups to floating bars, exit intent detection and geolocation targeting, this tool helps eCommerce businesses to increase their online conversions.
- How Vital Design Used OptinMonster to Increase Conversions by 97%
- Uncover How Biddyco Tripled Conversions with OptinMonster
- See How Kampanjjakt Increased Conversions by 800% with Lightbox PopUps
Rosetta.ai drives conversion with image-based, AI-driven product recommendations. This helps to create unique and customized shopping experiences, while also boosting average order values upon learning consumer shopping behavior and preferences. Optimize your promotions, product development, and inventory management in real time.
- Discover how L’Oréal provided unique customer experiences and increased revenue by 149%
- Find out how a novelty sock company used customer data to drive 5x ROI
- Learn how this K-Fashion site hit 51% sales increase and eased workload with no-code personalization
Oddit provides website audits and suggestions to increase conversions. They look at different website elements, from on-page to technical aspects and site loading speed. Oddit is focused on offering simple solutions that provide in-depth insights to increase DTC site conversions.
Social media marketing combines customer support with marketing and outreach efforts, which makes it a unique beast. It means that your customer interactions are out there for everyone—including potential customers—to see. Because of this, it’s important for you to get your brand voice and tone right; every interaction must represent your brand well. Here are the tools that’ll help you achieve that.
Consider these social media platforms for your eCommerce business, but make sure to take a strategic approach. In other words, avoid taking a spray-and-pray approach and instead engage on the platforms where your buyers are most active.
- Facebook – (You know what Facebook is, right?)
- Twitter – Quick updates that include text, images, or links
- Pinterest – Images and ideas that you can organize into boards
- Instagram – Image-focused with minimal text
- YouTube – A video-sharing platform
- LinkedIn – Professional networking meets social media
- Snapchat – Instant, disappearing images
- TikTok – Videos that have a penchant for going viral, with music and text overlay features
Buffer allows you to write and schedule out your social media posts in advance, with powerful analytics and an ‘optimal sharing time’ feature.
- Here’s How a Fast-Growing SaaS Company Shares to Social Media
- Case Study: How Fortune Magazine Found Social Media Success With Buffer
- Case Study: How Business Insider Grew Its Facebook Page to 1M+ Fans With Buffer
Hootsuite divides your social media accounts into different boards and streams, so you can see everything within a few convenient, customizable dashboards. Keep a pulse on the latest social trends and respond to any brand mentions or direct messages from directly within Hootsuite.
- OCBC Bank brings Hootsuite Onboard for Customer Service and Decreases Emails by 90%
- The Social Media Strategy that Saved My Destination New Zealand 48 Hours a Month
- Marketo Uses Hootsuite to Improve Lead Quality and Maintain 93% Customer Satisfaction
SproutSocial lets you schedule social media posts in a variety of ways: schedule via time, auto queue, or immediately. It offers the unique ability to bulk upload posts via .CSV and assign tasks among your teammates.
- How Benefit Turns Cosmetics into Connection Using SproutSocial
- How MeUndies Weaves Customer Care into the Fabric of Their brand
- Titleist Drives up Interactions with Customers by 78%
Seismic, which acquired Percolate in 2019, enables you to enrich your site with a live feed of curated social content as well as schedule posts. It comes with built-in compliance and risk management tools to protect your brand as you share content.
- Case Study: VSP Drives Seller Adoption with an Elevated User Experience
- Case Study: Deluxe Accelerates Digital Transformation with Virtual Sales Experiences
- Case Study: Informatica Increases Sales Velocity and Predictability in Seller Success
Bulk.ly allows you to upload a spreadsheet of social media posts, then send them straight into your Buffer account. Shuffle your posts, add hashtags, categorize, and reschedule your posts for maximum impressions.
This social media tool is built for B2B marketers who want to be able to plan, approve, and schedule posts for multiple profiles. Oktopost includes an employee advocacy tool, which makes it easy for your teammates to share pre-approved company content across their personal profiles.
- Oktopost Helps Sociomantic Manage a Highly Segmented Global Social Media Strategy
- Oktopost Generates a Staggering 800% Click-to-Post Rate with Oktopost
- Certipoint Generates a 386% Increase in Conversions Since Moving to Oktopost
Meet Edgar allows you to recycle your most popular social posts, automatically. Your fans will see a mix of your new and evergreen posts, so you don’t have to babysit your feeds. Unlike other social platforms, you don’t have to schedule your posts in advance—Edgar will.
- Tools We Use: Meet Edgar Review For Social Media
- How to Turn a Single Blog Post Into 10 Fresh Pieces of Content (Or More!)
Brand24 specializes in online reputation management, with tools that ensure that you never miss any mention of your brand online. Respond to brand ambassadors and dissatisfied customers ASAP so that everyone walks away with a good impression of your brand.
- How Does Twitch Use Brand24 to Find Customer’s Insights?
- How Does Shopstory Use Media Monitoring to Check Their Product Ideas?
- How Does Craft Holsters Use Brand24 to Promote Their Products?
This is a free and simple tool for receiving the latest news on your brand or industry. Google Alerts automatically emails you when a new Google result appears around your desired search term. This is a great way to monitor when a journalist or company mentions your brand!
- How to Set up Google Alerts (and Use It to Grow Your Business)
- 7 Essential Google Alerts You Need to Set up Now
- How to Set Up Google Alerts and Go Even Further
From social media monitoring to influencer management, Meltwater aims to give you all the necessary tools to maximize your reach online. You can monitor multiple channels, analyze consumer sentiment, and track competitors all from one place.
- How Chobani Uses Meltwater to Scale Influencer Marketing
- How H&M Gains Real-Time Insight into an Ever-Changing Market
- How Meltware Enables Vans to Support Successful Event Execution
Perform advanced keyword research to monitor social media by source, location, topic, and more. Mention helps you to listen to consumers conversations at scale while filtering out the noise.
- Mention for Social Media Listening
- Using Mention to Analyze How Your Brand Is Perceived Online
- Using Mention to Monitor What Is Said About Your Competitors Online
Social Mention is a straightforward tool, whereby you enter a search term and instantly receive a list of sites that contain your word. It tells you how recently your term was mentioned and by how many authors.
Talkwalker offers a free social media search engine that delivers a real-time, comprehensive report around any search term. You can alternatively opt into a paid plan for deeper insights and customizable dashboards that help you dive into who, exactly, is talking about your brand or topic.
- Talkwalker’s Video Recognition Tech
- Talkwalker for Tracking Consumer Behavior
- Talkwalker’s Solution for Consumer Goods
This free tool by Twitter lets you track activity around one or multiple Twitter accounts. It’s intended to improve productivity by letting you set up custom feeds for tracking brand mentions, direct messages, and/or trending topics.
- 6 Ways to Use TweetDeck
- How to Use TweetDeck and Advanced Search to Make Twitter Useful Again
- How to Use TweetDeck for Twitter Management
This social engagement app is for managing user accounts on Twitter and Instagram. It generates automated answers to commonly asked questions so that if anyone Tweets at your account, they’ll get an almost-immediate answer.
- Growth Hacking Twitter Followers with Crowdfire
- How a Music Artist Got 134,000 Followers, Verified, and Famous on Twitter
- Additional tip: Drive Massive Traffic with Instagram Marketing: A Sumo-Sized Guide
Pay with a Tweet encourages your fans to publish a social post to unlock rewards, such as coupons, promotions, and additional raffle entries. You can collect emails via pop-ups, measure engagement with heatmaps, and more using this platform.
To sell a product, you have to show your product. Visual assets are known to increase conversion rates, underscoring the importance of images and videos when posting about your brand online. In content marketing, articles with images get 94% more views.
In eCommerce, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” when selecting and purchasing an item. Here are the tools you’ll need to find and create great images for your marketing.
Video creation tools
Spark Video is a free online video maker, perfect for anyone looking to quickly create short, catchy marketing clips. Spark Video is typically used for simple videos that include a combination of images overlaid by text and music.
With Wideo, you can create animated videos using drag-and-drop graphics. Choose from thousands of stock footage that can bring any external or internal presentation to life.
Royalty-free image aggregators
Choose from a large library of professional-looking images, including nature shots, flat lays, and everything in between.
Pexels offers photos and videos, all of which are 100% free to use. No attribution is required for any asset and any can be modified to your liking.
Pixabay flaunts over 2.3 million high-quality images, video, and music that are uploaded by a generous community of creators. Each asset is clearly marked by its license type.
Vecteezy is praised for its customer service, photo options, and prices. The free version gives you access to tons of vector graphics and photos, and for a small price, you can also download stock videos.
Image design and editors
Piktochart specializes in easy-to-use templates for infographics, presentations, and reports. Avoid having to hire a graphic designer and instead use Piktochart to quickly transform your content into a stunning visual story.
This highly reputed tool provides all the tools you need to build properly-sized, engaging social posts. Canva additionally supports infographics, videos, and presentations and gives you plenty of prebuilt templates to choose from.
Email and text marketing
Email and text marketing is an excellent way to move individuals down the buyer’s journey, from awareness, to consideration, to decision-making (aka, a conversion for you). It’s an effective way to foster relationships, keep your customers updated on the latest happenings, and keep your brand top of mind. Here are some email and SMS tools that can help you to capture customer details, build beautiful emails, send snappy text messages, and analyze what works.
ActiveCampaign provides a platform for automating critical emails, such as abandoned cart messages, discounts, and personalized product recommendations. Through machine learning, ActiveCampaign understands your users’ behaviors and enables you to customize offers accordingly.
- How ApproveMe Uses ActiveCampaign to Generate 1,600% More Profit
- How Earth Hour Uses Marketing Automation to Grow Its Worldwide Movement
- Maximizing the Profits of a Webinar Business with Marketing Automation
Create professional-grade emails using Campaign Monitor’s drag-and-drop builder. The platform additionally supports automated customer journeys, third-party app integrations, and powerful tracking.
- On Drives up to 20% of eCommerce Sales with Email Marketing
- Birchbox Sells More Beauty Box Subscriptions with Email Marketing
- Rip Curl Makes Waves with Email Marketing
You can start building emails in HubSpot for free. HubSpot email marketing tools let you build emails without a designer, plus capitalize on features like content personalization (through “smart rules”) and A/B testing.
- Sock Club Finds a Scalable Tech that Matches Rapid Growth with HubSpot
- Creating Custom HubSpot Email Templates [Step-by-Step Guide]
Emma offers a variety of email marketing tools, like automation, A/B testing, and audience segmentation. If you’re working with a big team, the Emma HQ platform provides an environment where your team can share assets, manage approvals, and track activity.
- See How Dogfish Head Brews an 80% Email Open Rate
- How Tito’s Vodka Nurtures Their Thirstiest Advocates
- How HoneyBaked Ham Uses Emma HQ to Send Emails for Over 400 Locations
With GetResponse, you can create more than just emails. Create landing pages, autoresponders, forms, and surveys that can all be personalized to your customers’ habits and preferences.
- GetResponse Boosts Open Rates by 300% in 60 days
- How Omniconvert Created a Successful Lead Nurturing Campaign with GetResponse
- How Data Science Central Achieves a Unique Open Rate of Up to 40% with GetResponse
MailChimp is one of the most familiar names in the space with classic tools to create, schedule, and automate email campaigns. It has expanded to include audience management and insights to help you send the right messages to the right customers.
- Modern Farmer’s Smart Newsletters and Web-to-Print Conversions
- ElevationLab Grows With Email and Kickstarter
- DODOcase’s Rapid Growth
Mailshake’s bread-and-butter products let you automate cold emails. It helps you to scale your outreach efforts, including social media outreach, phone calls, and online lead capture.
- How GrowthScore Used Mailshake to Get 500 Leads in Just 72 Hours
- How Venngage Uses Mailshake to Drive More Qualified Traffic to Their Blog Posts
- How Sol Orwell Got a 74% Response Rate on Cold Email
Outreach is predominantly used by sales teams to manage outreach sequences. Its Buyer Sentiment Analysis shows how buyers react to each sales activity and can be paired with other powerful automations to help you reach your revenue goals.
- DocuSign Saves 10 Hours Per Rep Per Month and Increase Pipeline with Outreach
- How Zoom Went From Misalignment to Delivering the Right Messaging Every Time
- Snowflake Tracks SDR Pipeline Generation with Outreach
Reply is another sales engagement platform aimed at automating multichannel outreach. Find new prospects, set up sequences, and optimize your emails with AI-backed text quality scoring—all within Reply.
- How Reply Saved HotelsByDay 7 Hrs/Week for Each Salesperson
- How Reply Reduced the Number of Cold Calls and Increased Sales
- How Reply Helped RelocateMe Achieve an Immediate 37% Reply Rate
Companies large and small use Wishpond to create personalized emails, pop-ups, contests, and landing pages. With everything available in one place, you can capture interested leads and nurture them into happy customers.
- Spare My Hair Increases Sales, Website Traffic, Fan Engagement, and Leads
- Go Eco Gains Over 550 New Leads, 2300 Votes and a 33% Increase in Instagram Followers
- Quercus Gains Over 1.8K New Sales Leads in 2 Weeks
As the name suggests, Omnisend is a powerful tool for sending omni-channel messages across email marketing, SMS, website pop-ups, and more. It’s easy-to-use platform means eCommerce businesses of all sizes can comfortably use Omnisend to nurture, convert, and retain their online customers.
- How Divatress’ Embrace of SMS is Accelerating Sales
- FiGPiN’s Small Team Drive Big Sales with Automated Emails
- See How Email Me Guilt Free Increased Email Subscribers by 900% In One Month
Grow your business with SmartrMail’s streamlined email and text marketing tool. With SmartrMail, merchants can easily send a wide variety of eCommerce emails and text messages such as newsletters, automated flows, abandoned cart emails, product recommendations and winback campaigns.
- Learn How I Love Linen Secured A 33% Open Rate On Their Abandoned Cart Emails
- How Papersky Store Achieved a 1245% Return on Email Marketing
- See How Email Me Guilt Free Increased Email Subscribers by 900% In One Month
- Purple Turtle Toys Boosted Their Sales By Over $150K Using Automated Email Marketing
Privy is an email marketing tool that aims to help eCommerce businesses drive instant growth and ROI through email marketing, text marketing and customizable pop-ups, fly-outs and displays. Tap into clever marketing tactics with the Privy range of templates and features to turn your online visitors into loyal customers.
- Twine & Twig Gets 10% More Sales With Abandoned Cart Emails
- Murdy Creative Makes 5-10% More Revenue On Every Order Thanks To Privy
- Tiger Lily Crafts Took Its Conversion Rate From 5% To 16%
Recart helps merchants use SMS marketing to build direct connections with their customers and grow their brands. Users can build automated flows using Recart’s template library to share updates, discounts, and rewards.
- How Her Juice Bar Generated 49x ROI in Just 3 Months While Respecting Their Shoppers’ Privacy
- How Bulksupplements generated 44x ROI in 4 months with text marketing
- How Vanity Table Makes 25% Of Their Total Monthly Income With SMS Marketing
Customer feedback and retention
Given that it’s 5x more expensive to acquire a new customer than to retain one, customer retention should be a focus for your marketing team. Happy clients will recommend your brand to their friends and colleagues, creating powerful word-of-mouth social proof for your brand. On the flip side, unhappy clients will likely share their negative experiences online, hurting your brand image. The below tools can help you stay ahead of customer sentiment and build positive relationships that stand the test of time.
Customer service is key to growing an eCommerce business that people rave about. Your customers can be your biggest source of marketing, so keep customers happy to reap the benefits of word-of-mouth marketing. Here are the tools to level up your customer support with live chats and organized helpdesk tickets.
Build great customer relationships with Intercom’s network of customer communication tools. You can support customers at every step of their buying journey by offering customer service through support bots, live chat, product tours, and more. Intercom also helps merchants engage customers with their suite of conversational engagement and marketing tools.
- See How Frame.Io Uses Intercom To Provide Personalized Support To 2m Customers
- Discover How Housecapp Pro used Intercom’s Customer Messaging To Grow Their Business From 0 to 10,000+ Customers
- Learn How Spendesk Decreased First-response Time by 80% in Six Months
Make it easy for customers to talk to the people behind your eCommerce store with Olark’s live chat software and customer data tools. These tools help you gain customer data and insight that you can then leverage to optimize your products and service.
- Lush Cosmetics UK Saw 174% Higher Conversions For Customers Using Live Chat
- See How The University of Montana Used Olark to Decrease Repetitive Inquiries by 50%
- Camp North Star Lowered Barriers to Sale with Olark
Zendesk offers a complete customer service solution to set your teams up for success, prioritize customer happiness, and scale your business. Their ticketing platform can integrate with other systems within your business to provide powerful insights to turn into positive actions.
- Wise Strengthened Customer Communication With Zendesk
- Photobox Worked with Zendesk to Streamline CX and Increase Conversions Through Chatbot
- Enercity AG Revolutionized Their Customer Service by Providing Support Anytime, Anywhere
Speed up response times and convert more leads with LeadChat’s team of live-chat sales agents. Offering 24/7 support, LeadChat removes the friction and frustration of chatbots by putting your customers in touch with real people who can help with their enquiries.
Tidio helps to build customer relationships across platforms by managing shared inboxes, multi-channel messages, and live chat conversations from one place.
- See How This Store Doubled Sales with Chatbots
- Learn How This Brand Made Their Response time 30x Faster Through Tidio
- Discover How Mometrix Slashed Cart Abandonment by 25% With Customer Service Tools
Help Scout is easy to set-up, use and scale. Offering a wide variety of features, Help Scout lets merchants offer customer support through various channels, analyze customer data with reports and integrate your customer service tools with other platforms.
- OnePageCRM Reduced Their Team’s Workload by 50% With Help Scout
- FlexJobs Used Help Scout to Engage Customers With Proactive Messages
- How Brain.fm Achieved a 95% CSAT Score With Help Scout
Xsellco is a customer support help desk that is exclusively built for the eCommerce industry. As such, this tool is focused on helping eCommerce brands optimize sales with high-quality customer service. Xsellco also offers automated product repricing and customer feedback tools to help your store stay competitive and grow.
- How Shark Motorcycle Audio Became an Ebay Top-Rated Seller
- How a UK Seller Discovered a High-Growth Niche by Selling Ottomans
- How One Business Card Turned Urban Surfer into a £1m Seller
Gorgias provides a centralized hub for eCommerce brand communications. Keep tickets in one place and nurture customers on social media before they even visit your store.
- How Switching to Gorgias Helped Marine Layer Reduce Their Resolution Time by 68% and Increase Their Online Orders by 75%
- How Veloretti Cuts Down Their Resolution Time in Half and Improves Their Team’s Efficiency by Using Gorgias
- How Milligram Integrated Gorgias to Manage All Customer Interactions From a Single Platform
Build Qualaroo nudges on your website or app to engage customers as they’re looking at your products. Qualaroo lets merchants survey on-site visitors for pricing feedback, product feedback, and more.
- How to Improve eCommerce Conversion Rate Using Instant Surveys
- How Udemy Learns From Their Students via Qualaroo
- How Hootsuite Used Qualaroo to Gain a 16% Lift in Landing Page Conversions
Survicate combines surveys and NPS software to help you collect the most actionable feedback possible. Publish surveys across email, mobile, and your website using 125+ ready-made templates.
- Implement Data-Driven Strategy Using Surveys [Case Study]
- Customer Feedback: How Pipedrive Improves CRM [Case Study]
- How Looka Got a 2400% ROI Using Survicate
SmileBack lets you create Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and NPS surveys, and supports PSA integration. After publishing a SmileBack survey, you can show off positive results on your website for social proof.
- The Power of CSAT+NPS: How SmileBack Customer Satisfaction Metrics Keep Your Finger on the Pulse
- How StripeOLT Uses SmileBack to Stand out From the Crowd
- How Fitzrovia IT Is Building a Bright Future with Customer Feedback
Qualtrics can take your survey results and turn them into actionable insights to improve your customer experience. Their drag-and-drop survey tool supports complex logic and real-time insights and suggestions.
- Qualtrics helps BMW make every experience as good as their product experience
- Yamaha Makes Better Products with Qualtrics
- Microsoft Delivers a Continent’s Worth of Insights on Qualtrics
Antavo encourages customer loyalty by making it fun to engage with your brand. They use gamification to manage your clients, offering more than 40 loyalty schemes.
Smile uses a points system to encourage reviews and reward your top customers with special surprises. Smile integrates into popular marketing tools, like Mailchimp, Klaviyo, and HubSpot.
LoyaltyLion lets brands build fully-customized loyalty programs and experiences at every stage of the customer journey. Use LoyaltyLion’s tools to provide customers with meaningful interactions, and unlock insights to increase your customer lifetime value.
- How MoxieLash Tripled Repeat Purchase Rates and Increased Customer Engagement by 700% with LoyaltyLion
This Custom Thanks enables you to send thoughtful, handwritten thank you cards to customers—without requiring you to write them yourself. Simply select a stationary and type your message. This Custom Thanks will then handwrite cards for you and deliver them within three to five days.
Stamped handles both loyalty initiatives as well as referrals and reviews. It allows merchants to manage loyalty programs, VIP rewards, and referrals, as well as solicit reviews and leverage them as UGC to boost conversions.
Referrals and reviews
ReferralCandy is a referral program manager that helps to track and reward your fans for spreading the word. ReferralCandy integrates with multiple eCommerce and marketing platforms to engage customers right from your website, and track actions.
This WordPress form-builder is a great tool for collecting reviews. Create a form asking customers whether they would be willing to leave feedback on your product or subscribe to your newsletter (as examples) while they’re on your site.
Yotpo supports a variety of loyalty campaigns: reviews, visual UGC curation, referral programs, SMS marketing, and more. Collect reviews to showcase on your site and boost conversion rates.
Subscription tools can help you sell subscriptions to boost your CLV, and give your customers more power over how they purchase from you. For more on this, check out my article on how to add subscriptions to your DTC website!
Recharge is a tool for automating recurring payments and billing for subscription programs. Recharge connects with all of the major payment processors and with key eCommerce tools so your store can seamlessly offer subscription models.
- How Bokksu used Recharge to 10x Their YoY Subscription Revenue Growth
- Bumpin Blends Grew Their Subscriber Base and Increased Revenue by 400% with Recharge
- OLIPOP Simplified Subscriptions With RechargeSMS
Bold Commerce powers subscscriptions, refill programs, and other recurring billings with the Bold Subscriptions app. This app integrates with Shopify so merchants can offer subscription options on single products or their entire store.
- How Kettlemans Bagels Are Serving P Customer Loyalty With Subscriptions And Rapid Delivery
- How a CBD Pet Wellness Brand Added Subscriptions to Deepen Customer Value
- How V-dog Used Bold Subscriptions to Optimize Performance and Increase Average Order Size
Analytics provide a roadmap for your marketing team. They provide evidence of what’s going well and what isn’t, so you can adjust and improve. Here are the tools that will show you exactly what is getting conversions on your website, and which marketing efforts to keep or ditch.
Google Analytics is the heart of most metric-tracking systems for a website or online store. It tracks a number of different metrics, such as visitors, bounce rate, and conversion funnels.
- AIDA Cruises Prepares for Growth with Analytics 360 and Tag Manager 360
- APMEX, Inc. Increases Email Conversion Rates by 62% with Analytics 360 and Google BigQuery
- Cancer.org Donations Rise 5.4% with Help From Google Analytics
KISSmetrics helps provide the detailed information you’ll need to increase conversion and retention rates. Their tools help you to see what people are doing on your website, alongside what makes them more likely to purchase based on their current behaviors.
- 30% Lift in Conversions Across Home and Product Tour Pages
- How Ecwid Increased Conversions by 17%
- Customer churn cut in half and a 10x increase in upgrades
Raven provides SEO tools and let you white-label reports like site audits, backlink data, and automated marketing reports. You can pull data from more than 20 different sources, including Google Analytics, social media ads, and more.
Financial tools can be pivotal for making sure your eCommerce brand stays cash-positive, and too supercharge your paid acquisition efforts. There are various financial tools and funding options you can use to expand your marketing, SKUs, and improve your brand experience.
Clearco (formerly Clearbanc) is an eCommerce investor that can provide marketing capital funding for businesses looking to ramp up their acquisition efforts and grow their brand faster than if they tried to do things organically. The process is simple — apply, connect your apps for proof of performance, receive your offer within 24 hours then, and top up when needed.
- How One Company Shook Up the Tea Industry by Scaling Marketing
- How Lorena Garcia Used Her Struggle to Help Moms Across the World
- HigherDOSE Leverages eCommerce KPIs and Capital to Skyrocket Growth
Let your customers break down the cost of their purchase with payment installments. Klarna can integrate with your store to provide payment plan services such as “Shop now, pay later.” You can also use Klarna as a direct payment gateway, subscription program, and to generate smart cart messages to boost sales.
Integration and automation
There are never enough hours in a marketer’s day, which is why integration and automation tools are your best friend. They provide all of the returns while demanding far less time out of your day. Automate the menial tasks that suck up time, so you can focus on the marketing efforts that make the most impact on your eCommerce business.
Zapier allows you to connect various apps to automate your workflows. You can designate certain events to trigger a chain of automated instructions. For example, you can send yourself an email every time a new order is made, plus add that order to a spreadsheet.
- How the Hotjar Team Creates Databases Automatically with Zapier + HubSpot
- How Lucidcharts Auto-Populates Zendesk and Salesforce with Valuable Data
- Why the Team at Indiegogo Trusts Typeform + Zapier for Contact Management
IFTTT stands for “If This Then That,” which means “if this happens, then that should happen.” This tool allows you to connect your various apps and devices in order to help you work more efficiently across platforms.
Segment combines 200+ apps into one API, which means you can use more than 200 sources and destinations to personalize campaigns, analyze product usage, gauge customer success, and more.
- XO Group Uses Segment Data to Guide Couples on Their Personal Journey
- Contentful Uses Segment to Optimize Marketing Performance and Product Design
StoreYa adds form to function by integrating various marketing and advertising apps to meet your needs. Engage with your customers through multiple channels, set up coupons or pop-ups, import your store to Facebook, and more. No coding or design experience necessary.
- Upper Playground Is Getting 7X ROAS with the Traffic Booster
- Moving Beans Increased Their Monthly Revenue by 5X
AfterShip is an eCommerce integration tool that plugs into your eCommerce store to automate shipment tracking and provide you with real-time tracking data to optimize your shipping processes.
- How Wish Optimized the Post-Purchase Experience With AfterShip
- How Rakuten France Improved Shipment Tracking Experience For Their Customers With AfterShip
- THE ICONIC Creates Seamless and Inspiring Customer Experiences With AfterShip
Manage your inventory and create a fully-integrated retail experience with SKU IQ. This integration tools lets you sync your inventory, orders, POS systems and eCommerce platforms in one location. This tool is particularly helpful for merchants that sell online and in retail stores.
Finally, you have the multi-functional tools. Many of the tools above have branched out to provide more than their main offering. For example, a social media scheduler may also include built-in analytics. However, the tools below have strong suites of features built specifically to your needs as eCommerce sellers.
HubSpot can serve as a CRM, email builder, ad manager, and much more. Created with both marketing teams and sales teams in mind, HubSpots enables you to mix and match various tools to support your company’s needs. HubSpot’s biggest claim to fame is their inbound marketing methodology, which has paved the way for many businesses that traditionally relied on cold, outbound communications.
- How Kettlebell Kings Streamlines Decision Making with HubSpot
- Spocket Doubles Prospect Conversions with HubSpot
- UK Coffee Company Grows Business 40% Year on Year, with Help From HubSpot
Bluecore boasts the only AI-driven retail marketing platform that uses predictive data models to automate actions and provide 1:1 product recommendations. It is built specifically for retail, and unifies customer intelligence with real-time insights, multichannel automation, and campaign management.
- How Sephora Improves Data Activation and Accessibility with Bluecore
- Lane Bryant Introduces Intelligent Onsite Personalization to Increase Revenue and Efficiency
Klaviyo combines A/B testing, email autoresponders, sales reports, and Facebook ads to use data as a backbone for more conversions. You can use it to import lists, set up forms, create automation workflows, and hyper-personalize your communications. Klaviyo has an open API so you can integrate their solution with any app that you want, including your CRM and content platform.
- Find out How BombTech Golf Brought in Nearly $2M in Email-Attributed Revenue in the Past Year
- Discover How Taylor Stitch Skyrocketed Revenue Per Recipient by 60% with Sophisticated Segmentation
- Discover How Top Streetwear Increased Revenue 20% with Segmented Email Marketing
Metrilo, which was also built specially for eCommerce, combines CRM, analytics, and email marketing so you can make the most of your data. It has a retention analysis so you can understand your customer lifecycle and time your emails well. You can get real-time numbers, a customer management solution, as well as email marketing all in one place.
- La Mercerissima Uses Metrilo’s Automated Email Campaigns to Engage Customers
- WOW Tea Doubled Their Revenue in 6 Months with Metrilo
- Segafredo Zanetti Uses Metrilo to Sort out Its Customer Data and to Personalize Its Communication with Customers
Wrapping up – Choose your eCommerce marketing tools wisely to cover your bases
As you can see from the list above, there is no shortage of eCommerce marketing tools available to help you make sales, increase leads, and more. However, it’s important that you select the tools that fit your process instead of building your processes around your tools. Take advantage of demos and free trials to figure out what software will make conversions easier for your eCommerce business, without the stress.
Published: January 22, 2018
Updated: July 12, 2021
Updated: February 14, 2022